St. Bakhita House of Hope is urgently looking for a passionate and resourceful person as a Project Intern to support the management and staff in planning and implementing its new project strategy.
About the Organization
St. Bakhita HOH is a non-governmental organisation established in 2008 as a rescue centre to support vulnerable girls affected by the 2008 post-electoral violence. We focus on vocational training and skill development for the the most vulnerable girls in Eldoret. Over the last ten years, about 140 girls have been trained in vocational skills – tailoring/dressmaking, hairdressing and catering as well as other complementary life skills – entrepreneurship, social studies, computer among others. After 10 years, we are charting new frontiers to achieve greater impact. As such, we are widening our net of beneficiaries to include women from humble backgrounds, particularly those with disabilities. In view of our growth strategy, we are looking for a new Project Intern to support the Management and Staff.
About the Project Internship Programme
The Project Internship Programme is an opportunity for highly-qualified students and high-potential recent graduates seeking to enhance their skill sets in project management and development. It offers a platform to gain practical experience in addressing gender and development issues while contributing your quota and impacting positively to society.
Tasks, Responsibilities and Supervision
The overall responsibility of the project intern will be to provide support to the management in terms of background research and writing, social media and communications work and events organizing. The intern can expect to undertake the following tasks, depending of the skills set:
- Conduct background research and writing of reports, articles and blog post.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating project progress, including follow-up visits and compiling information and stories for help measure project impact.
- Assist in project proposal writing and drafting partnership agreement
- Manage the social media page
- Ensure up-to-date information is available to Management and staff.
- Assist in planning and organizing events and training.
- Assist in providing mentorship and guidance to our beneficiaries
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Project Coordinator.
The project Intern will have the opportunity to initiate and coordinate his/her own ideas, if they fit with the overall strategy of the organization.
We seek applications from candidates with:
- A strong interest in gender and development issues.
- At least a Bachelor Degree with an academic background in a relevant field such as Social Sciences, Development Studies, Social Work, Project Management or Business Management. Applicants with a relevant master degree are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated research skills in both quantitative and qualitative methods, including the use of statistical packages to measure impact and communicate results with graphs and trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Good knowledge of information and communication technology, including the use of various social media platforms
- Good work ethics and values including integrity, professionalism and diligence at all times
NB: Relevant past work experience will be taken into account
How to apply
Send your cover letter, CV and relevant document by email to email@example.com and copy Z.firstname.lastname@example.org. with the subject “St. Bakhita HOH Project Internship – ‘NAME’” no later than close on Friday, 31 August 2018. Application and recruitment is on a rolling basis and the successful candidate is expected to commence not later than Monday, 10 September 2018. The internship will be offered for a minimum of one month and maximum of three months, with extension possible upon mutual agreement.
Remuneration and Time
This is a voluntary, unpaid position. The intern will have the opportunity to manage their own time and effort but but should be no less than 20 hours per week. The intern will work in close contact and be supervised by Project Coordinator. A Memorandum of Understanding will be signed upon commencement of the internship.
What we offer
- A strong career boost – a chance to grow professionally by playing a major role in planning/implementing the new growth strategy.
- An exposure to work on an exciting project and an amazing international team.
- A platform to initiate and manage your own ideas.
- Free daily breakfast and lunch, including other fun activities with students and staff.