Kids and Teens BootCamps
Nurturing The Next Digital Creators
“We need our children to learn 21st-century skills for a 21st-century world, and coding teaches them the creativity and problem-solving skills”– Former President Obama
Coding and app development is one of the most sought after skill. Facebook, Google, WhatsApp, smartphones, tablets, computers, games, and robots all run on software applications. Children are proficient as ever in navigating through our smartphones and browsing through the internet. But this trait does not mean they are good in coding or programming.
Now that August holiday is approaching don’t let it go to waste. We are excited to announce that EldoHub will be hosting Bootcamps for kids and teenagers for primary and high school students during the August holiday.
They will learn from experienced instructors who are passionate about computers and technology. Please send your children to be inspired by the fast and new world of modern technology. This will give them an opportunity to gain knowledge and practical skills on coding this will enable them to better understand the digital world in which they are growing up in.
This program targets children and teens who wish to learn and develop programs around the web mobile and graphic design.
Our Bootcamps way of training is tailored to inspire creative thinking young people which is currently being blocked by our school curriculum. We combine the development of emotional skills along with development.
In addition, we include 2 mentorship workshops, a career development workshop and Parenting in a digital age workshop for interested parents more details here.
Benefits of the program
- To equip future generations to think about the world in a new way
- Children will be nurtured to become digital creators, not just consumers of technologies from other areas. They also learn to be creative and we impact entrepreneurship skills.
- Once you know how to code, you can create virtual worlds within the computer where the only limit on what is possible is your imagination.
- Anyone can learn to code. In a few hours you can pick up the basic skills and in a few weeks you will be able to build useful applications and websites.
- To learn Software which is becoming a critical layer of all our lives. It is the language of our world. In the future, not knowing the language of computers will be as challenging as being illiterate or innumerate are today.
- Davis Nyakundi- Capacity building, Mentorship and Lead the career development workshops
- Chepkemoi Magdaline-Training on Technology and Entrepreneurship
- Jepkorir Patricia– She will be training on Creativity and critical thinking
- Carol Rotich– Communication and Digital discipline
- Philemon K Saina- Train on Design and Internet of Things.
- Collins Ruto- Fashion Entrepreneur
- Kevin Barasa– Train on Games and Hardware
- Maye Edwin- The Web and Mobile Development and Opportunities in Tech
- Misoi Jonathan- Web Information Systems, Web 2.0 specialist and web security
- Denis Kemo– Digital Skills and Social Media for Social Good
- Cleophas Solomon- Product Development
Program Activities are as follows:
Computer Innovation Kids BootCamp:
We are admitting children between the ages of 6 and 12years. Your child will be prepared to make simple and fun mobile apps, games, and basic websites.
What your children will learn includes:
Creativity and Critical Thinking
By learning to code, the children will be given the opportunity to seek out new experiences and experiment with new ideas.
Problems occur all around us and many people react with spontaneous emotion. Instead, effective use of problem-solving skills can lead to rational thinking, a component of any successful endeavor.
Programming and Communication
We aim to show your child that coding is a type of storytelling. There is a logical beginning, progression, and ending to the story and the program.
This is the ability to communicate your thoughts in a structured and logical way.
This module is designed for all artistic children with the focus on keeping their creative mind flowing.
Kids Learn the basics of programming as they make their own stories and games!
Technology Innovation Teens Bootcamp
We teach teens how to build applications
The main objective is to introduce the students to a wide array of IT skills and entrepreneurship with an innovative mind set. This module includes; Web development and building of websites, Programming, Digital art, Blogging. Our approach involves a lot of hands on activities, this allows students to have a feel and experience of how it is in the tech world.
Here we are accepting teenagers between the ages of 13 to 19 years.
Software and Hardware skills development
Web development and building simple websites
Digital discipline and Cyber security
Leadership and Technology Entrepreneurship
Creativity and Critical thinking
Problem Solving and Collaboration
2 mentorship workshops (on self awareness and personal development)
1 career development workshop with our mentors (more focus/attention will be given to STEM careers)
These camps are to be hosted between Monday 14th and Friday 25 th August from 9am to 3pm daily at EldoHub , opposite Better Health near Mups plaza.
Cost per child is 10,000 KES this include Snack and lunch. Discount of 1000/= will be given to those children who will come with their own laptops and 5% Discount for siblings.
For any queries contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0724077237/0770173969
At EldoHub Offices, Opposite Mups Plaza or Better Health